The Purusha Method Certification
Learn to teach yoga to under served and at risk populations
Upcoming Training: Feb 25-26, March 11-12, March 25-26, 2017
This course provides the introduction, in depth knowledge and mastery of specific components of The Purusha Method. The complete method may be utilized with personal / private clients and groups. It includes development of all skills necessary to guide a client or clients through the 8 step process from self investigation (desires, beliefs, knowledge) to transformation and ultimately realization of the client’s goals.
The advancing yoga teacher will gain a thorough understanding of the practical application of the therapeutic relationship, assessment and intake procedures, goal-setting, therapeutic communication skills, teaching skills, pace of progression and overall program cycles.
In this course you will learn how to use a variety of classic yoga practices including but not limited to the 8 limbs, mudras, mantras, meditation/ relaxation, yantra, self expressive art, ritual, community sharing and intention setting.
The course provides an overview of typical conditions that are common such as PTSD, chronic pain, mood disorders and addiction and provides the tools to master working with a variety of demographics in a non discriminating and yogic way.
Objectives of This Module Include:
- Introduction to the core philosphy of the yoga tradition and its relevance and application to individualized and group therapeutic yoga including: the nature of self, the mind, obstacles of the mind (kleshas), the 5 koshas, gunas, vayus, the nature of suffering
- Understanding the common methods used in western psychology/ counseling such as CBT, mindfulness and more
- Understanding common coaching skills such as personality typing, emotional intelligence, and learning style
- Developing a deeper expertise in program design, goal setting, progression and realization
- Understanding and applying integrative personal training skills and methods such as exercise prescription
- Learning and implementing key practices of mudra, mantra, meditation, relaxation, yantra, expressive and somatic movement and art, ritual
- Overview of typical conditions that are common in the under served and at risk populations such as PTSD, chronic pain, mood disorders and addiction
- Deep understanding of Non discrimination, personalized service, co-consciousness, and unconditional yoga practices to meet every client where they are with deep respect, clear energy, and connected teaching
- Mastery of the 5 element assist techniques, complete purusha teaching methods and individualized programming for a variety of common demographics and personal needs