Take your teaching to the next level by learning the 3 A's of Asana: Anatomy, Alignment and Assists.
Is your lack of knowledge holding you back? Would you like to learn more about the human body in a non threatening, comfortable atmosphere designed specifically for yoga teachers?
Understanding Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology provides you with a strong foundation, greater confidence and expertise in the areas your students need and appreciate most.
Western science is complimented with eastern knowledge of the energy systems for a complete comprehensive merging that ultimately allows effortless alignment, injury free movement and therapeutic applications of touch, assists, cueing and overall intelligent program design.
In this course you will learn:
- Anatomy/ Physiology and its application to specific asanas.
- Applied Kinesiology/ biomechanics in each asana.
- Alignment principals of the energy body, and 'chains' of synergistic muscles working together to maintain proper posture.
- Understanding and utilizing the chakras and vayus as a means of creating healthy pathways for alignment and energy flow.
- Bandhas and Pilates methods to stabilize, strengthen and coordinate your body from the core center in each posture.
- Utilizing somatic (mind/ body) techniques to coordinate and strengthen the neuromuscular pathways.
- Application of Yogic Philosophy through bio mechanics and holistic system integration.
- 5 Element Assists for each specific posture
- Modifications and progressions of asanas for specific diseases and common concerns such as:
- Spinal Imbalances (kyphosis, lordoisis, scoliosis, discs) Fibromyalgia
- Joint Issues of the shoulder, knee, sacrum Illiac, hip, wrists, ankles and neck.
Wednesday Evenings from 6-8pm March 21 - May 23. Plus 3 Saturdays: March 17th, April 14th, May 12th 9:00-4:00
Workshop Fee: $750
This course counts toward our 300 hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training. Save money by registering as a 300-Hr YTT student. Learn more>>
WITH JOY RAVELLI & MARY YALUNG
Mary "Mabby" Yalung is a Physical Therapist, Internationally Certified Yoga Therapist (IAYT) and 500 hour RYT with over 3 years experience teaching Yoga Anatomy. Mary is director of the Purusha Yoga Therapy Certification Program which is currently seeking accreditation with the IAYT. (Read Full Bio...)
Joy Ravelli is an ERYT 500 Certified Instructor, Internationally Certified Yoga Therapist (IAYT), Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP), Certified Pilates Teacher (Physical Mind), Certified Personal Trainer (ACE) and has over 30 years of experience leading workshops on Yoga Anatomy. Joy is the founder and co-director of the Purusha Yoga School. (Read Full Bio...)