Yoga Somatics defines the classic yoga approach of Samyama - which is at its roots: mindful, creative, and explorative movement that links body, perception and breath.
3 Saturdays this fall - October 21, November 11 & December 16 9am-4pm
This practice will include authentic movement, ritual, somatic arts, and creative expression as a means toward understanding the nature of our minds, bodies, and our sense of spirituality. By practicing Yoga Somatics one may heal trauma, clear blocked energy, and awaken creative flow.
Ultimately the practitioner experiences a dynamic opportunity to live life to the fullest by understanding the nature and dimensions of the multi layered human experience.
This 5 layered model of yoga therapy includes: physical, energetic, mental, intellectual, and spiritual. The path of Yoga Somatics utilizes awareness through authentic movement, meditation and connection to self and nature as a means of clearing the body of blocked energy, healing physical tension, calming the mind, and inspiring artistic expression and wisdom. The program will draw on classic practices from, Hatha, Raja, Chakra, and Bhakti as well as authentic movement, meditation and Hawaiian huna.
Daily Meditation through classic Raja Yoga techniques
Direct readings and insights from the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, and the Sutras for chanting, contemplation, and discussion
- Physical Practice that is nourished in a safe, and inspiring atmosphere for all levels of ability and experience
- Prana/Mana consciousness techniques (understanding the energy in all of nature and life) such as breath and energy work
- Tapping into the well of life force in your own consciousness and around us for spontaneous healing and well being
- Authentic movement scores based on a variety of inspirations to utilize in your own practice
- Expressive art opportunities that will bring into consciousness feelings and experiences that have been otherwise unrealized
- Healing sessions to become more aware and release trauma through therapeutic touch, sound, and movement
- Worldwide connections of mysticism and shamanic practices from Tibet, India, Hawaii, and Native American cultures
- Knowledge of Western Psychology, Dance Therapy, and Yogic Science research as it applies to somatic therapy and healing
Mindful, creative, and explorative movement that links body, perception and breath. The means toward understanding the nature of our minds, bodies, and sense of spirituality.
Workshop Fee: $750
This course counts toward our 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training. Save money by registering as a 300-Hr YTT student. Learn more>>
WITH JOY RAVELLI & LUCIA YOUNG
For over 20 years, JOY RAVELLI has led workshops, retreats, and yoga teacher trainings. Joy is the co-owner and founder of Purusha Studio and School in San Francisco, CA. She is also the founder of the Purusha Seva Project, a non profit organization that brings powerful yoga practices to underserved and at-risk populations throughout the Bay Area and the world (Read Full Bio...)
LUCIA YOUNG balances strength and softness in her teachings of Hatha Flow and Restorative Yoga, as well as in her Private Yoga Therapy and Thai Massage sessions. She is known for her warm and loving presence, and her ability to hold space for others in their experiences. Lucia's teaching style encourages students to listen to the wisdom of their own bodies and find the practice that feels right for them, providing options for modifications as well as offerings for a more challenging practice. (Read Full Bio...)
Registration for the Workshop is currently closed. Questions? Contact Joy Ravelli firstname.lastname@example.org