Retreat with us to Sacred Land
This Hawaiin retreat is an extraordinary opportunity to immerse yourself in paradise while deepening your personal practice and learning the ancient art of teaching yoga.
Three opportunities for attendance:
Connect with your deeper sense of self and purpose in a place and space that is alive with beauty, subtle energy, and spiritual presence. Discover your own natural bio-rhythm through practices designed to awaken your connection to each vital part of the day. Eat local, seasonal, fresh and delicious food that will nourish your body and mind.
Spark your imagination and true path in this life through a variety of classic yoga practices such as bhakti, Tantra, Yantra, Raja, Jnana and Hatha as well as introspective arts such as drawing, journaling, authentic movement and creative inquiry.
Enjoy meeting like-minded people in a friendly, warm and inviting environment that respects diversity, inclusion and equity for all.
*Additional Distance learning online on your own must be completed to receive your certification
*Arrive June 21st Depart July 3rd
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How do the hours add up to 200 Hours?
We will be together engaged in our Yoga Studies from sunrise through sunset. The additional hours needed are achieved by:
Watching 15 hours of videos on Anatomy, Physiology and Methodology.
Studying the Anatomy Coloring book.
Completing 10 Community Classes from our live, online and/or VOD library of classes.
Reading and completing practices in the Yoga Sutras Practice book provided.
You may start these hours upon registration. Materials will be sent to you.
WHAT AIRPORT SHOULD I FLY INTO?
HOW DO I GET TO THE RETREAT CENTER?
You can book a spot in our van on the 21st at 4:00 PM and on July 3rd at 9:00 AM. $25.00 each way. Limited availability.
DO I NEED A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE IN YOGA?
No experience necessary. Just an open mind and willingness to show up with an open heart and a readiness to be your authentic self. Purusha Yoga meets students where they are and celebrates diversity of learning, ability, age, and experience.
CAN I TAKE THINGS AT MY OWN PACE?
Yes, each student is welcome and encouraged to be true to their own inner teacher and natural pace. We will guide you through common concerns and obstacles and help you find your own way with each practice.
I HEARD THERE WAS A SPECIAL TRACK FOR EDUCATORS WHO WANT TO USE THE YTT FOR THEIR CLASSES IN SCHOOLS AND WITH KIDS. IS THAT TRUE?
Yes it is! Reach out to [email protected] [email protected]. com for the special edition of YTT for educators that is available at this retreat. Educators will join up with Nancy Gingras for 10 hours of the training in a special break-out opportunity to accommodate SEL and EQ as well as special programming for teachers and kids.
Sample Daily Schedule:
6:00 Sunrise Sadhana: Meditation, Hatha Flow, Chanting & Self Study through art or writing.
7:30 light Breakfast
9:00 Teaching Methods: Raja Philosophy, Pranayama, Bhakti & Subtle Practice
10:30 Practice Teaching
11:30 Brunch/ Lunch
1:00 Personal Time to enjoy yourself, nature, and community
2:00 Teaching Methods: Asana, Alignment, Anatomy, Chakra & Energy Systems
3:30 Practice Teaching
4:30 Afternoon Sadhana: Guided Journeys/ Yoga Nidra/ Yoga Walking/ Meditation in Nature
5:15 Personal Time to enjoy yourself, rest, and be in nature with your art or writing.
7:15 Sunset Sadhana: Yogic Self-Care with self-massage, gentle flow, art, writing, meditation, movement, yantra
8:00 Personal and/or quiet community time
During your 13 Day/12 Night Yoga Teacher Training Retreat, you will also have the chance to enjoy:
Group Field Trip: One day with a Morning hike after breakfast to Polo’lu beach, with a packed lunch included and we will practice on the beach and be together here for the day. We will return to the retreat center for dinner. All meals are provided on this day.
Free Evening: One day ends at 4:00 PM. On this day you are free to go into town, enjoy shopping or sightseeing and have dinner on your own. There is no late afternoon or evening sadhana. No dinner is provided.
Free Day: One day includes Sunrise Sadhana & breakfast then you are free to head out on your own for an expedition of your choice together with a group of fellow retreat members or on your own. On this day lunch and dinner are not provided. This is an excellent day to go and experience more of the Island or chillax by the pool.
What People are Saying:
Tim & Melinda
(We) attended a Purusha retreat and a month later are still blown away with the ongoing benefits. The soft yet intense humanity, ecstasy for life, and pure fun you bring to your workshop is a gift that keeps on giving.
What led me to choose Purusha for my teacher training certification was the great energy of the staff and the loving community they have created...If you are considering taking teacher training, do yourself a favor and interview with this incredibly light and present teacher...
Very knowledgeable and experienced staff regarding the yoga practice and philosophy. They are articulated, generous and fun, genuinely and efficiently transmitting all their knowledge to the practitioners.
- Registered Yoga School with the Yoga Alliance since 2002. RYS 200, 300 and Continuing Education Provider
- Graduates are eligible to register with Y.A. as a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level (RYT-200).
- Learn from experienced and well-respected teachers with over 30 years of expertise teaching teachers.
- Opportunities to teach upon graduation through community online classes & to under-served and at-risk populations.
- Discounts for advanced Yoga Teacher Training & Yoga Therapy Certification
- Free access to any course you take for the rest of your life. You pay once and can retake anytime for free.
- Unlimited Access to Community Classes online, in person and through our Video On Demand library for 1 year.
- 50% off all Community classes for the rest of your life.
- Course Materials that you can access and complete at your own pace at home as soon as you register.
- Foundation Preparation to accomplish your Yoga Therapy Certification.*
- Yoga Community that is diverse, equitable and inclusive to all including POC, & LGBTQ.
- Yoga community that provides personalized support, friendship, and opportunities for the rest of your life.
- Be a part of the Holistic Yoga movement that is dedicated and committed to bringing yoga to all people.
- Special attention and personalized accommodation for Individual Learning differences and needs.
- Courses led by teachers with E-RYT 500, and IAYT Certified Yoga Therapists*
Joy Ravelli & Eric Sparks
Joy and Eric are the owners of Purusha Yoga. Both are experienced in leading retreats, workshops, teacher trainings and community classes. Hawaii is one of their favorite destinations and they are thrilled to offer this training in one of the most beautiful settings in the world.
Contact Us to Learn More