Somatic Yoga Certification
Yoga Somatics defines the classic yoga approach of Samyama - which is at its roots: mindful, creative, and explorative movement that links body, perception and breath. This practice may include authentic movement, ritual, somatic arts, and creative expression as a means toward understanding the nature of our minds, bodies, and our sense of spirituality. By practicing Yoga Somatics one may heal trauma, clear blocked energy, and awaken creative flow.
Mindful, creative, and explorative movement that links body, perception and breath. The means toward understanding the nature of our minds, bodies, and sense of spirituality. Ultimately the practitioner experiences a dynamic opportunity to live life to the fullest by understanding the nature and dimensions of a multi-layered human experience.
This 5 layered model of yoga therapy includes: physical, energetic, mental, intellectual, and spiritual. The path of Yoga Somatics utilizes awareness through authentic movement, meditation and connection to self and nature as a means of clearing the body of blocked energy, healing physical tension, calming the mind, and inspiring artistic expression and wisdom. The program will draw on classic practices from, Hatha, Raja, Chakra, and Bhakti as well as authentic movement, meditation and Hawaiian huna.
Workshop/Training - October 21, November 11 & December 16. 9am-4pm
Daily Meditation through classic Raja Yoga techniques
Direct readings and insights from the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, and the Sutras for chanting, contemplation, and discussion
- Physical Practice that is nourished in a safe, and inspiring atmosphere for all levels of ability and experience
- Prana/Mana consciousness techniques (understanding the energy in all of nature and life) such as breath and energy work
- Tapping into the well of life force in your own consciousness and around us for spontaneous healing and well being
- Authentic movement scores based on a variety of inspirations to utilize in your own practice
- Expressive art opportunities that will bring into consciousness feelings and experiences that have been otherwise unrealized
- Healing sessions to become more aware and release trauma through therapeutic touch, sound, and movement
- Worldwide connections of mysticism and shamanic practices from Tibet, India, Hawaii, and Native American cultures
- Knowledge of Western Psychology, Dance Therapy, and Yogic Science research as it applies to somatic therapy and healing